I think it goes like this…. 8 random things people don’t know about you and then you have to tag other people. (I know my blog makes me sound really self-obsessed hehe).
- 1.) I was born in Korea, but not as a Korean. My mother came to study in the US and fell in love with my Dad. When she had to go back, he tried to get stationed in Korea so they could continue dating. And they did. I was born on Yongsan Army Base.
- 2.) I have an I-pod but I hardly use it, unless I am traveling on a long distance trip. Another thing to add to my long list of things I buy with money I don’t have and never use.
- 3.) Same with books. I went on Amazon.com one day and bought enough books to fill two shelves, but I’ve probably only read about two of them. All my friends read books, so I wanted to read too. But I’m too lazy.
- 4.) I had a big self-realization yesterday and realized why I identify so much as queer and not bisexual. Other than the obvious reasons to identify as queer, I had erased the memory of my first boyfriend who was bi and how much we had become the object of ridicule. I liked him a lot and we’re still close friends, but it’s going to take me along time to not associate negative thoughts with the word bisexual. And now I’ve finally figured out why.
- 5.) I used to be hardcore Republican, with a George and Laura Bush wallpaper on my computer and everything. It was actually a congressman that converted me— after giving me about 20 good reasons not to be a Republican in this day and age, I left his Washington office a Dem.
- 6.) I don’t like scary movies or roller coasters. I figure I get scared enough in real life that I don’t need the thrill.
- 7.) I try to stay busy with national and state activism and organizing so I can forget how much I hate this place. My reasoning for trying to graduate a year early is to simply get out of F’ville.
- 8.) I don’t wear any make-up or jewelry. Not because I don’t want to, it’s that not caring enough thing again.